Pickerington Schools Board of Education
The Pickerington Schools Board of Education is the governing body for our school district. The Board is comprised of five Pickerington Schools residents elected at large to four-year terms. The Board elects its president and vice president annually at its organizational meeting in January.
Keith Kristoff | Board President
JD Postage | Board Vice President
Clay Lopez | Board Member
Vanessa Niekamp | Board Member
Cathy Olshefski | Board Member
The Board of Education is legally responsible for:
- Developing necessary policies and regulations for the governance of the school district.
- Ensuring students are provided with high quality educational opportunities.
- Appointing a superintendent of schools and investing such powers in the superintendent as may be legally delegated.
- Appointing a treasurer.
- Acting on personnel and policies recommended by the superintendent.
- Seeing that the annual budget is prepared and acted on.
- Passing an annual appropriations measure.
- Annually adopting a master calendar.
- Entering into contracts with all personnel in the manner required by Ohio laws.
- Levying taxes with a vote of the people to maintain schools.