Pickerington Schools Fan Code of Conduct
All Fans are Guests of the Pickerington Schools, and shall at all time abide by the following expectations that have been established regarding Fan conduct. Consequences for Guests who do not adhere to this Code of Conduct may include, but are not limited to: seat relocation, loss of ticket buying privileges, ejection from the facility without refund, letter of warning, and/or arrest.
Guests who are students in the Pickerington Schools are also advised that their conduct is at all times governed by the Pickerington Schools Student Code of Conduct (Pickerington Schools Policy 5500, and each respective school’s Code of Conduct as stated in Student Handbooks for each school). In addition to the aforementioned consequences for violating this Code of Conduct, students of the Pickerington Schools who violate the Fan Code of Conduct may also be disciplined in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct, including suspension and/or expulsion from school.
- Guests should be a positive role model for those around. Guests will expect and encourage good displays of sportsmanship from fellow fans.
- Guests should conduct themselves in a manner that represents their school, their Conference, and the OHSAA with honor, dignity, and respect.
- Guests should cheer positively for their team and refrain from taunting, threatening, vulgar, abusive, racist, sexist, or demeaning remarks or gestures directed towards the coaches, student-athletes, fans, staff and game officials.
- Guests should respect all facility regulations.
- Guests should sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested, should not stand on seats, should not stand in the aisles, should not enter the playing area and should not throw any items onto the playing area.
- Guests should follow all local, state, or federal laws and will follow the instructions of event staff.
- Guests appearing intoxicated, inebriated or showing other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption or drug use may be denied entry and may be subject to ejection. Intervention with an intoxicated or impaired guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests should wear clothing without obscene or indecent messages. Guests will remove or cover up such clothing deemed offensive or obscene upon request.
- Guests should be responsible for their own conduct and the conduct of others who use their tickets.