Pickerington Schools wants families to know about valuable programs and resources in the community. To make delivery of this information easy, approved community organizations can send their flyers home to families digitally through Peachjar. If you do not have a child in Pickerington Schools but would like to be added to the Peachjar email list, please send a request, along with your name and email address to email@example.com.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
Pickerington Schools reserves the right to deny the posting and/or distribution of any flyer.
All flyers should:
- Adhere to all Pickerington Schools’ Board of Education policies
- Align to the district’s Plan for Progress Strategic Plan
- Be educational in nature and serve the district’s stakeholders, consisting of students, parents, guardians, and the community.
- Be age appropriate for K-12 students
- Originate from either:
- a Pickerington Schools employee or volunteer who has been granted uploading privileges (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this privilege)
- a non-profit organization with a valid 501c3 tax ID that complies with Peachjar’s Community Free Guidelines
- Not contain sales driven advertising language that simply promotes an individual, agency, and/or organization
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity
- Pertain to an event/organization being held or located close to Pickerington
- Be in PDF format, smaller than 3 MB in file size
Flyer(s) should NOT:
- Solicit funds, with the exception of those listed in the Board policy 9211
- Promote a particular political candidate, party, or ballot
- Position the District on the side of a controversial issue
- Directly conflict with Pickerington Schools programs or events
Flyer Approval Process
PTO, Booster or Other School-approved Groups
Please email email@example.com before you create an account, pay and upload your flyer to inquire about potentially getting approved for free digital flyer distribution.
Non-Profit Organizations and Businesses
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you create an account, pay and upload your flyer to inquire about potentially getting approved for free digital flyer distribution. To read more about whether your event would qualify for the community free program, view Peachjar’s Community Free Guidelines. Peachjar staff make the determination whether flyers will or will not be distributed for free for non-profit organizations and businesses.
For for-profit businesses/organizations seeking approval for flyer distribution, please follow the steps below. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit the Peachjar website
- Register as a Program Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer, making sure that you correct any incorrect text or formatting in the text box that was automatically generated by the Peachjar app before you click the “Submit” button.
- Please note that district approvers will not be able to correct the text in the text box, so it is very important that you make sure that the information is correct. This text is read to the visually impaired so that they may know the information contained in the flyer.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the District Office for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents and posted on each school’s web flyerboard for your selected duration of time. Peachjar charges a fee for this service, which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
Peachjar pricing is $25/flyer for each school selected. That means you may want to be selective about the school(s) that you send your flyer(s) to to keep costs down. You may also select to have the flyer distributed multiple times, but keep in mind that each distribution is 30 days apart.
When you consider that the average color copy costs ten cents to produce, if you were to print and distribute hard copy flyers to every Pickerington Schools student just one time, the price tag would be over $1000. Peachjar makes flyer delivery much more efficient, much cheaper, and it provides a once-per-week email to parents which includes the flyer(s) from the school(s) that their student(s) attend(s).
Flyer Distribution Details
Peachjar provides a weekly email to parents with the flyers that were posted and set up for distribution that week.
Weekly email distribution to families is on Thursday afternoon, which means the deadline to get your flyer included in a particular week’s distribution is Wednesday at 9 am.
In addition to emails, each digital flyer will be posted on the web flyerboard for whatever school(s) is requested by the flyer uploader.
There will not be a Peachjar email during the following weeks: Thanksgiving break, Winter Break, and Spring Break.