Empowerment Resources: Student & Parent Support from Our School Counseling Office
The Safer Ohio School Tip Line is a free safety resource available to all Ohio schools. The tip line is an anonymous reporting system that accepts both calls and texts 24 hours-a-day.
This tip line allows students and adults to anonymously share information with school officials and law enforcement about threats to student safety — whether that involves a threatened mass incident or harm to a single student.
Check out this wonderful new resource CAP4Kids sponsored by Nationwide Children’s Hospital. You will find fun activities for kids, resources for basic needs, and help in finding a career. The link opens in a new window.
Things to report to the tip line include (but are not limited to):
- Bullying incidents;
- Withdrawn student behaviors;
- Verbal or written threats observed towards students, faculty or schools;
- Weapons/suspicious devices on or near school grounds;
- Gang related activities;
- Unusual/suspicious behavior of students or staff;
- Self-harm or suicidal sentiments; and
- Any other school safety-related concerns.
Grief Resources & Toolkits
Knowing the warning signs for suicide and how to get help can help save lives.
The Big Lots Behavioral Health Services at Nationwide Children's Hospital team provides comprehensive care for patients and families in crisis.