Toll Gate Elementary Teacher Nominated for Most Valuable Teacher Award
Eric Mialky, Toll Gate Elementary grade 4 math and science teacher, has been nominated as 1 of 20 teachers across the USA and Canada for the Most Valuable Teacher award! The teacher who receives the most votes for the month of January will be awarded a $10,000 donation for their school district to be used for Environmental Sustainability Resources. The grand prize winner for the school year, announced in May, will receive an additional $20,000 donation from SAP for their district towards Environmental Sustainability Resources. It would be great to win this for Pickerington Schools! Throughout the month of January, students and parents can vote every day by visiting NHL.com/MVT . Scroll down the page to click on Eric Mialky and let's win this!
Future Goals Most Valuable Teacher Program presented by SAP
Teachers are one of the most important influences in a child’s life. Hard-working, dedicated teachers not only educate students, but they also help instill values, build character, and shape future generations of smart, responsible citizens. The NHL, NHLPA, and SAP salute teachers and recognize the important role they play in our communities.
For the fourth year, the NHL & NHLPA launched the Future Goals Most Valuable Teacher Program presented by SAP, which will celebrate 80 dynamic Future Goals teachers from January through April across North America before public voting narrows the field to four finalists. Voting for the finalists will take place from May 8 through May12, and culminate with the crowning of the Future Goals Most Valuable Teacher of the Year presented by SAP. Website link: www. NHL.com/MVT
SAP, the program presenter, will once again support the program and STEM education with a gift of $10,000 USD towards Environmental Sustainability Resources for each respective January, February, March and April Monthly Prize Winners' school district and an additional $20,000 USD for the final Most Valuable Teacher of the Year’s school district also towards Environmental Sustainability Resources ($60,000 USD in total).
We are recognizing 80 teachers (20 per month over four months).
Go to NHL.com/MVT and vote for your favorite Future Goals teacher of the year and follow the conversation using #hockeyscholar
How it works
- Each month, starting in January, the NHL and NHLPA’s Future Goals program will present 20 nominees for the ‘Most Valuable Teacher (MVT) of the Month’.
- From 1/2/2023 through 4/30/23, fans (teachers, students and parents) will be able to visit NHL.com/MVT and vote for their favorite to win the ‘Most Valuable Teacher (MVT) of the Month’ award.
- Each fan can vote once per day for their favorite nominee.
- The nominee with the most votes at the end of the month will be crowned the winner and their school district will receive a $10,000 USD donation towards Environmental Sustainability Resources from SAP.
- One winner will be awarded each month, resulting in 4 total monthly winners throughout the program.
- On Monday May 8, 2023, the webpage NHL.com/MVT will be updated to allow fans to vote for one of the four nominees to receive the ‘MVT of the Year’ award.
- Throughout 'Teacher Appreciation Week' from Monday, May 1 to Friday, May 5, we will tell the stories of the candidates for the ‘MVT of the Year’ award and encourage fans to vote for their favorite teacher. Voting will take place from Monday, May 8 through Friday, May 12.
- The winner (determined by the highest number of votes) will receive an additional $20,000 donation from SAP for their school district towards Environmental Sustainability Resources.
Read more about the Future Goals Program. And VOTE FOR MR. MIALKY!