Highlights of the Pickerington Schools Board of Education Meeting
BOARD MEMBERS: Keith Kristoff, President; JD Postage, Vice President; Clay Lopez, Vanessa Niekamp, Cathy Olshefski
The following are selected highlights from the March 27, 2023 Regular Board Meeting held at the District Office located at 90 North East Street in Pickerington.
- Dr. Kara Jackson presented to the Board on the topic of Pick Personalized Programs (P3).
- The Board accepted, with regret, the retirement of Sue Gumm as Toll Gate Middle School Physical Education Teacher effective July 1, 2023. Ms. Gumm has been with the District 28 years.
- The Board accepted, with regret, the retirement of Julie Brunner as Pickerington High School Central School Counselor effective June 1, 2023. Ms. Brunner has been with the District for 32 years.
- The Board accepted, with regret, the retirement of Russell Littrell, District Maintenance, effective July 1, 2023. Mr. Littrell has been with the District for 21 years.
- The Board accepted, with regret, the retirement of Juanita Lemke, Administrative Assistant to Chief Academic Officer & Assistant Superintendent Alesia Gillison, effective July 1, 2023. Mrs. Lemke has been with the District for 25 years.
- The Board approved the appointment of the following Support Personnel: Mark Ross as Violet Elementary Custodian and Austin Koonts as Pickerington High School North Custodian. Please join us in welcoming our newest staff members!
- The Board approved a Classified Administrator contract for Preston Tartt as Safety and Security Director. Welcome Mr. Tartt!
- The Board discussed the Job Description for Teacher on Special Assignment - Instructional Coach.
- The Board discussed revisions to the Athletic, Elementary & Middle School, and Junior High & High School Handbooks.
The next Board of Education Regular Meeting is scheduled for April 11, 2023 at 5 p.m. at the District Office, 90 North East Street in Pickerington. Minutes and policies are located on the BoardDocs website.