Highlights of the Pickerington Schools Board of Education Meeting
BOARD MEMBERS: Keith Kristoff, President; JD Postage, Vice President; Clay Lopez, Vanessa Niekamp, Cathy Olshefski
The following are selected highlights from the January 23, 2023 Regular Board Meeting held at the District Office located at 90 North East Street in Pickerington.
- The Pickerington Schools Scheduling Committee presented its annual analysis of the school day and education changes implemented at each school level building.
- Mrs. Alesia Gillison and Dr. Cathy Ely presented to the Board on "Culture, Climate, and Social Emotional Learning."
- Mr. Rob Weinheimer presented to the Board on "Upcoming Stadium Field Improvements."
- The Board accepted, with regret, the resignation of Kristi Motsch as Toll Gate Elementary Principal effective August 1, 2023, due to retirement. Mrs. Motsch served the District for 27 years!
- The Board accepted, with regret, the resignation of Lea Ann Yoakum as Fairfield Elementary Assistant Principal, effective June 1, 2023, due to retirement. Mrs. Yoakum has served the District for 13 years.
- The Board approved the appointment of Michael Rutherford as Custodian at Lakeview Junior High and the appointment of Melissa Silva as Duty Aide at Lakeview Junior High. Please join us in welcoming our newest staff members!
- The Board approved the 2023-24 School Year Calendar.
- The Board approved the 2023-24 Program of Studies and Fees for grades 7 through 12.
- The Board approved the revised job description for Safety and Security Director.
The next Board of Education Regular Meeting is scheduled for February 13, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. at the District Office, 90 North East Street in Pickerington. Minutes and policies are located on the BoardDocs website.