Get School, District Calendars on Your Phone, Computer
Please note: Because of the wide variety of digital calendar applications and devices, the exact process for subscribing to a district calendar to your own calendar may vary. The district is not able to provide technical support or exact installation instructions for every device for this service.
Subscribing to Pickerington Schools' Google Calendars
Please note that at this time syncing individual calendars can only be done on a computer. Once they are synced on a computer, though, they can be accessed on your mobile device by downloading the Google Calendar smart phone app for your iPhone or Android device.
If you do not have a Google Calendar, create one. Instructions are available online.
- A list of calendars can be found a little lower on this web page. Determine the calendar you want to subscribe to from the lists that appear below on this web page. Copy the email address that appears to the right of the calendar to which you want to subscribe. (Example: To subscribe to the District calendar, open “District and Assessment Calendars” and copy the appropriate email address.)
- Now, log in to your Google Calendar. You may need to locate the “waffle” switch and select Google Calendar. (The “waffle” looks like nine small boxes in a 3×3 grid. It typically appears near the top of your screen.)
- On the left-hand side of the calendar, under “Other calendars,” is a box titled either “Add a coworker’s calendar” or “Add a friend’s calendar.” In this box, paste or type the email address you copied in Step 1.
- Hit the “return” key. You should see existing events for the calendar you selected appear on your Google Calendar.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for all other Pickerington Schools calendars to which you want to subscribe.
Note: If you subscribe to multiple calendars, there may be times you want to turn some calendars on and off.
- To hide a specific calendar, click on the associated box to the left of the name of that calendar. This will hide the calendar.
- To view the calendar again, click on the white box to the left of the name of the associated calendar. That calendar should once again be viewable.
This tutorial will show you the basic steps for subscribing to one of the district’s Google calendars.
While in Google Calendar, click on the “Settings” button on the right side of the page. That button looks like a gear.
Pull down to “Settings.”
Click on “Calendars” at the top.
Under “Other Calendars” find the calendar you wish to unsubscribe. Click on the corresponding unsubscribe link.
This will then unsubscribe your Google calendar from that Pickerington Schools calendar.
District calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Testing and assessment calendar: PLSD_assessment@plsd.us
Pickerington High School Central athletics calendar: email@example.com
Pickerington High School North athletics calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeview Junior High athletics calendar: email@example.com
Ridgeview STEM Junior High athletics calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pickerington High School Central calendar: email@example.com
Pickerington High School North calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakeview Junior High calendar: email@example.com
Ridgeview STEM Junior High calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diley Middle School calendar: email@example.com
Harmon Middle School calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll Gate Middle School calendar: email@example.com
Fairfield Elementary calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Elementary calendar: email@example.com
Pickerington Elementary calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sycamore Creek Elementary calendar: email@example.com
Toll Gate Elementary calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tussing Elementary calendar: email@example.com
Violet Elementary calendar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Viewing Calendars in Your Web Browser
You can also view any of the individual calendars in your web browser by clicking on the link for the appropriate calendar in the lists provided below.