Opportunities For Public Participation
The public also may complete this online form to provide feedback to the Board of Education.
This form should be mailed, faxed (614-656-7526), or emailed to by April 21, 2017, to: K-12 Business Consulting, Inc., “Pickerington Local School District Superintendent Search”, P.O. Box 476, New Albany, Ohio 43054.
Information For Applicants
We aspire to be the school district of choice, improving our community and society by opening doors and providing opportunities for every child, every day.
The Pickerington Local School District is located about 20 minutes from downtown Columbus. The majority of the district’s 38 square miles are located in the north-western portion of Fairfield County. District boundaries include the city of Pickerington and a large section of Violet Township. Small portions of the city of Columbus, Madison Township and Liberty Townships are also within the Pickerington Local School District boundaries. Vocational students attend the Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools. The district serves a population of more than 48,000, covering 38 square miles. Median household income in 2015 was $82,892 and median home value was $185,200. Residents of Pickerington enjoy the benefits of a middle class community with rural living opportunities, yet live a short distance to a major metropolitan area.
The Pickerington Local School District Board of Education has identified the following qualifications as having particular importance for the position of superintendent. The ideal candidate must be committed to the highest personal and professional standards and exhibit leadership in the district and community. The CEO must maintain integrity and high standards of ethics in all matters. Among other attributes sought, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following major characteristics:
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills to maintain a strategic direction;
- Strong spokesperson who can publicly celebrate and market the successes of the school district;
- Chief executive who will keep the Board fully informed and current with matters about the schools; one who will forge a strong partnership based on mutual trust and respect;
- Decisive educational leader with a strong background in student achievement who, after considering staff and community input, can make and defend decisions in a positive manner;
- Visionary and innovative skills along with an ability to produce short and long range plans for ongoing improvement;
- Articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work tactfully, creatively and visibly with board members, administrators, staff, students, parents, community, and elected state officials;
- Ability to instill trust in the community and at all staff levels;
- Willingness to become an active and contributing member of the school community and be comfortable with high visibility and accessibility;
- Educational team leader who is able to develop, supervise and support teaching and administrative talent, who inspires high performance standards with accountability, and finds satisfaction in the success of others.
- Successful experience as a superintendent is desirable and preferred, but not required.
- High schools (9-12): 2
- Junior high schools (7-8): 2
- Middle schools (5-6): 3
- Primary (K-4): 5
- Primary )PK-4): 2
- Community School: 1
Number of FTEs
- Teaching and Licensed Staff: 711
- Support Staff: 281
The Board intends to offer the successful candidate a contract, as per law. The base salary range is expected to be $145,000 to $175,000 but is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Pickerington Local Schools Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment is offered without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, economic status, age, disability, legally acquired genetic information, military status or sexual orientation.
Vanessa Niekamp, President (4 years)
Cathy Olshefski, Vice President (8 years)
Keith Kristoff, Member (2 years)
Lori Sanders, Member (20 years)
Michelle Waterhouse, Member (2 years)
- Inside: 4.50
- Outside Voted: 67.70
Effective Residential: 32,72
Effective Commercial: 33.19
OFCC Maintenance: 0.5
Total Valuation (83.5% Class I): $1,215,722,610
School District Income Tax: 1.0%
- General Fund: $113,000,000
- Total (All Funds): $215,000,000
General Fund Revenue
- Local Taxes: 46.9%
- State Funds: 52.0%
- Other: 1.0%
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit:
- A cover letter emphasizing qualifications and interest;
- A completed Superintendent application found at K-12 Business Consulting, Inc., and at on the district website.
- An up-to-date resume;
- List three (3) references from associates or board members who can speak to candidate qualifications and work experience;
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent Certificate/License;
- Credentials and transcripts.
Note: Applicants should not make personal contact with any Board of Education members.
All application material can be mailed or emailed to the following:
K-12 Business Consulting, “Pickerington Local Schools Superintendent Search”, P.O. Box 476, New Albany, OH 43054; firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct questions concerning the position to:
Debbie Campbell at 937.215.7068 or email@example.com
Kathleen Lowery at 614.769.1211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Mohr at 614-580-8544 or email@example.com
Marie Ward, ESC Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pickerington Local School District is well known for serving the needs of all their students. Our mission is to provide an engaging, innovative and holistic experience that empowers all students to become responsible, productive citizens. Our values are highlighted below:
Students are our priority. The development of engaged, active learners and involved, responsible citizens is the primary deciding factor in every aspect of our daily actions and future planning.
Our staff, parents and community work in partnership to ensure Pickerington Schools provide a world-class educational experience and safe environment tailored to the unique needs and aspirations of every child.
We strive to be a leader in public education, a district others aspire to become. We value, support and respect creative approaches to education and innovative solutions to challenges. We expect our staff to take the initiative to remain current on best practices while building on a foundation of research and data.
We cultivate an environment where work and learning are infused with passion and commitment. We recruit, develop and retain highly qualified employees who consistently exhibit a positive example, exemplary attitude, genuine caring and great enthusiasm.
We exhibit financial responsibility by ensuring district resources are aligned with our goals and objectives.
We acknowledge and celebrate diversity and affirm the importance of our common humanity. We embrace varying perspectives, cultures and experiences as a doorway to educating children about their roles in our communities and global society.
Announce Vacancy: April 7, 2017
Application Materials Due: May 5, 2017
Initial Interviews: May 16 and 17, 2017
Final Interviews: May 23, 2017
Action to Employ: May 30, 2017
Est. Begin Employment: On or before Aug. 1, 2017