ONLINE STUDENT PORTAL TO BE ENABLED
With the start of the 2012-2013 school year, Pickerington Local Schools has switched to a new student information system. Infinite Campus, as the new system is called, will provide students and parents with a variety of information related to attendance, grades, schedules, fees, health information, behavior incidents, and more.
With Infinite Campus, students and parents will be able to create their own user accounts to access this information via the Internet through what is known as the Infinite Campus portal. Once portal accounts have been created, students will see information pertaining to themselves only, and parents will see information pertaining to all students in their household, plus any other students for which they are listed as a guardian in the system. The portal can be accessed from any web browser, as well as through mobile apps that are available for Apple products (iPhones, iPods, iPads) and Android devices.
Because students can only see their own information, they will be given accounts first. These accounts will become available to PLSD students (grades 5-12) beginning Monday, September 24th, several days prior to the posting of Interim grades. Parent accounts will be made available later in the fall, after all household and guardian information has been verified by the district. Until the parent accounts are activated, parents and students will both be able to follow a student's academic progress using the student account. Parents will need to consult with their children for account login information.
Use the following step-by-step instructions to create student portal accounts:
- Log into the portal https://campus.pickerington.k12.oh.us/campus/portal/pickerington.jsp
- Enter the student's username and password.
- The initial username is the student’s ID number (lunch code)
- The initial password is the student's first and last initial (lower case) and six-digit birth date
- e.g. - for a student named Billy Smith, formal name William, studentID 123456, and birthday June 5, 1998: Username: 123456 Password: ws060598
- Once logged in, the students will be forced to change their username/password and to enter an email address for password retrieval in the event the password is forgotten.
Parents are encouraged to assist the students as they set up their accounts, and to use a parent email address for student account creation and password retrieval purposes.
Students who have trouble logging in should check with a teacher to see how their name appears in the system and to confirm that their birthday is correct in the system.
HELPFUL TIPS AND LINKS
Check the Infinite Campus information page for updates and additional information. We will post helpful tips, links and information as needed.
- Some features of the portal may require having “pop-up blockers” disabled in your web browser. Please see online documentation for your specific browser for information on disabling pop-up blockers. PLSD cannot provide technical support for personal equipment or browser settings.
- When creating a new password, the system will require a “Strong” password meaning it must meet three of the four qualifications:
- A lower case letter (a, j, r, etc.)
- An upper case letter (A, J, R, etc.)
- A number (3, 7, 1, etc.)
- A symbol (@, %, &, etc.)
- Instructions and the District code for downloading and using mobile apps are available by logging into the student portal and clicking on the icon for the appropriate device.
- Infinite Campus has a website for using the Mobile apps. The URL is http://media.infinitecampus.com/public/html/mobile/ Click on the FAQ tab to see helpful tips and videos about using the portal.
- NOTE: Initially, students will only have access to a limited part of the portal, so some documentation/videos may show features that have not been activated.
- If you have problems logging in for the first time, check with a teacher or office helper to determine how your name and birth date appear in Infinite Campus.