Pickerington Local School District
**All preschool students must have a screening appointment prior to online registration.
Ridgeview Junior High School (located in the north end of Ridgeview JH)
130 Hill Road, Suite 102, Pickerington, OH 43147
Phone: (614) 920-6180, Fax: (614) 833-2114
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Map to the Welcome Center
The Welcome Center was created to give families a streamlined enrollment process and provide an introduction to the district. After completing the online requirements, parents should call the Welcome Center to set up an appointment to finalize their child's registration.
The Welcome Center is open year around. We encourage you to register your children as soon as you move into the Pickerington area. Enrollments for grades 1 through 12, for the upcoming school year, will not begin until the first full week of May.
Take Exit 112-A/Pickerington (Cracker Barrel will be on your right). Go south on Hill road (SR 256), enter Historic Olde Pickerington Village at the railroad tracks. The Welcome Center will be on your left just AFTER the traffic light at Columbus Street/SR 256.
From Rt. 33
Go north on Diley Road, turn right on Busey Road. At the stop sign, continue east, turn left on Hill Road. Pass PHS Central. Ridgeview Junior High will be on your right just BEFORE the traffic light at Columbus Street/SR 256.
To balance class sizes across the District, it may be necessary for the child you are registering to attend another elementary or middle school instead of the one within your attendance area. If this happens, transportation to the other school building will be provided.
Students will be assigned to class openings in your building area on a first-come, first-served basis. Please remember that students will not be assigned to a classroom until all paperwork is received by the Welcome Center. Therefore, it is important that you get all registration materials turned in as soon as possible. (click here for complete Shuttle Warning Information)
Parents/guardians will need to bring the following documentation to their appointment:
- Birth certificate - must be original or certified copy. Children entering kindergarten must be 5-years-old by August 1 of that school year.
- Custody/divorce agreement (if applicable)
- If you are not currently the residential/custodial parent, please call the Welcome Center at 920-6180, prior to beginning the enrollment process.
- Ohio law requires the entire custody document be on file with the school.
- Judge-signed, court-stamped divorce or dissolution document.
- Proof of residency, i.e., deed, settlement statement, current mortgage statement, a current electric or gas bill (NOT water or cable bill) showing your name and your home address.
- If you are renting, you must bring a complete lease agreement.
- If you are living with a friend or relative, please complete Friends & Family paperwork.
- If you are not currently a resident of the school district, please call the Welcome Center at 920-6180, prior to beginning the enrollment process.
- Parent Photo ID (Driver’s license)
- Immunization Records
- IEP or ETR (if applicable)